How To Reduce the Shoe Smell in your Closet
You may love your shoes, but you definitely want to do away with the nasty smell that comes from them! Here are some of the ways to reduce the shoe smell in your closet:
1. Use baking soda. The single best way to remove odors is to use baking soda. You could mbt shoes women sprinkle baking soda on the insides of your shoes after using them (just be sure to wipe it clean before you use it again), and you could also place a dish of baking soda in your shoe closet. This dish will absorb bad odors. Just make sure that the dish doesn't accidentally spill over!
An alternative to the baking mbt scarpe soda dish is this: get an old sock and put some baking soda in it (just at the toe level). Tie off the sock to secure the baking soda, and hang it on your closet.
2. Use homemade air fresheners. You can of course buy commercial air sprays, but if you want to go green (and you want to save money), here are some easy cheap louboutin shoes air freshener recipes you could make at home:
Air spray. Combine 5 ounces white vinegar and 20 drops of essential or fragrance oil (such as lavender, rosemary, sandalwood and peppermint) in a small misting spray. Shake it well and spray it in your shoe closet.
Here's a recipe for air spray made with the christian louboutin sneakers ever reliable baking soda. Combine cup baking soda, 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/8 cup ammonia inside an airtight container. Then, add 8 cups of warm water, close the lid, and shake the contents. Place the liquid inside air misting spray bottles and spray in your shoe closet.
Potpourri. Have christian louboutin pigalle a small bowl or basket and fill it up with dried flowers, spices and herbs. Add in about 20 drops of essential or fragrance oil, and hang the basket in your shoe closet.
3. Keep your shoes smelling good or at least, smelling neutral. Get to the root of the problem and avoid putting smelly shoes in the closet in christian louboutin sale the first place. First, make sure that you don't wear shoes two days in a row, to let them "air out". Always wear socks with closed shoes, to reduce perspiration build up. Wear sandals and flip flops if you can, as this allows your feet to breathe freely.
If your foot perspires a lot, consider using commercial foot christian louboutin outlet sprays and powders as a remedy. This is because the main cause of smelly shoes is too much build up of perspiration.
4. Avoid shoes made with synthetic materials. The best shoes to buy are canvas and leather shoes, since they can help your feet "breathe" more easily. Avoid buying shoes that are made with synthetic christian louboutin discount materials or are lined with man made lining.
5. Machine wash sneakers. It's a good thing that the smelliest shoes the sneakers are easy enough to clean. Just pop them in the washing machine about once every two months, or as needed. Make sure that you airdry them instead of putting them in the dryer, though.